Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Xmas list

A few people have written and asked "what the fuck is going on with your Xmas list?", easy:
I moved around far too much with Ikea furniture. Ikea furniture that I put together myself. Not exactly a bright idea. In the last move, most of my items were broken or completely lost. My sofa was sawed in half (swear) and I'm still using it, as it wasn't totally broken.. kinda.

At this point I'm investing every extra penny into the renovations of this house I bought. I will never do this again. The appeal of old homes (100 years and so) is just an addiction for me, but like all addictions, it's unhealthy and the outcome kills you. I have replaced several walls in their entire because the plaster is crumbling to bits and there was no insulation. I managed to afford the bathroom getting all new walls, the kitchen has half the walls done and god only knows what is behind those hideous cabinets! A new furnace was put into place as carbon monoxide began leaking and then it quit (it was 45 years old). I've replaced a few windows, the tub, the toilet and the vanity. I still have sub floors in the kitchen as well as the entire mud porch. The person who installed the floors in our bedrooms did such a bad job that it's now ripping! Of course he's no where to be found, so suing him will be pointless. I could go on, but if you've had a gut rehab - you know the hell that goes with it. More so when you're living in it.

I do not have extra money for furniture. It occurred to me that many fans have bought gowns or items that topped 15K at times. But if I post a sofa that I plan to sit my lazy ass on for the next 10-15 years, people don't look at it twice. I'm not sure they look at it once. I made sure everything on my Xmas list this year is something I "need" verses want. If I could include flooring, baseboards (because sadly mine were rotted), dry wall and a dryer (ours broke a year ago and I have not had the funds to replace it, so I'm close lining things STILL), believe me - I would.

I need the things listed. Sure, the boots, perfume and a few very cheap clothing items are my "feel" good stuff, but I rather have the furniture. I'm listing it with hope.

People have also inquired about whether or not that I'm relocating back to Chicago. I am. It won't be till the summer of 2014, (and more on that later) but I am leaving. I will rent this house out, not bother to sell it, but I am returning. I won't be finished with my degree yet, but I have my RN test in March and as long as I pass it, I can be gainfully employed. I will continue on with my education at another UNI in Chicago. My GPA has to be strong for the place I plan to attend, that means I need to buckle down in Spring semester. I have great grades now, but anatomy, bio and psych 2 are coming up - this isn't exactly the cake walk I've had fall semester.

I've included the images of the items for the wish list.
As always you can go here, and see the list.
Amazon wishlist

PS: The bed that doesn't have a price list, is about 450.00 last I checked.
Anything that's "unavailable now" will likely be available again soon. the NARS Andy warhol collection I want terribly. It's limited edition and I love Edie!